How to Register Company in USA: Everything You Need to Know
Want to register a company in USA? Starting a business in the country is not so complicated, even if you do not have a visa of respected country and aren’t planning to visit. You can manage an LLC from another country, but it may not be allowed in the United States without a valid work visa. Non-citizens can be a shareholder and/or director of US corporations but to be an officer and perform any duties in the country, you would generally need a visa. If you plan to open a small business in the United States, you do not need citizenship or residency in order to open it either.
Having a US company allows you to do several things including:
- Open online accounts with businesses like Amazon FA
- Open a United States bank account so you can sell to domestic clients
- Gain access to a new market that can enhance the reputation of your business, both in your home country and in the US
Steps to Starting a US Business
- Decide what type of business organization is right for you.
- Decide where you should form your LLC.
- Find a local registered agent.
- If applicable, register your LLC or S-corporation.
- Apply for an EIN.
- If necessary, get a US mailing address.
- Open a US bank account.
- Open a merchant account so you can accept payments from customers.
- Purchase business insurance.
- Get a local US phone number for your new business.
- Research what your tax liability is going to be.
- Be sure you are keeping your business and personal accounts separate.
- Pay annual fees and any other required fees.
- Make sure you’re in compliance with any city, county, state, and federal requirements.
- Consult a US business lawyer licensed to practice in the state where your business is located.