How to download and play Call of Duty Warzone?
Activision recently announced its free-to-play battle royale game across all the major gaming platforms including PC, PS4 and Xbox One. However, according to the tweet by Activision has confirmed the staggered release of the game and also posted an image showing when the game will be available for download in different regions across the globe. Although the game is now available everywhere, here’s how you can download the free game and start playing it today. The game can also help you in biding time while in self-isolation due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
What do you need to download and play the game?
- High-speed internet connection as Activision has already confirmed that the game might take several hours to download depending on the internet speed.
- Up to 100GB of free storage space depending on whether you already own Call of Duty Modern Warfare and have already installed the latest patch or you are downloading the free-to-play copy of Call of Duty Warzone.
System Requirements to Play the Game:
- OS: Windows 7 64-Bit (SP1) or Windows
- CPU: Intel Core i3-4340 or AMD FX-6300
- RAM: 8GB RAM
- HDD: 175GB HD space
- Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 / GeForce GTX 1650 or Radeon HD 7950
- DirectX: Requires DirectX 12 compatible system
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Sound Card: DirectX compatible
The game is listed on Xbox Store and PlayStation Store like any other COD title. PC users will have to download the Activision’s PC game store app called Battle.net to download the game. Alternatively, PC users can also simply head to ‘https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/product/call-of-duty-warzone’ and click on Play For Free button to initiate the download process.
After clicking on the link it will download a Modern Warfare setup file, click on it and wait for it to download the entire game files and then follow up with the installation process. Once done, you’ll have to log in using the Activision account to be able to play the game.
Note: the game is only available on Battle.net and won’t be available Steam or any other PC game stores.