San Diego comic con ended yesterday. With the comic con, many trailers and exciting details were released about upcoming movies and TV shows. Here is everything you should look forward to after the SDCC:
- Star Trek – Picard: During a big Hall H presentation on Saturday, CBS gave fans updates regarding the upcoming update to its next entry in the Star Trek franchise, Picard. It will be set 20 years after Picard left Starfleet, when he’s brought back into the fold when he comes across a mysterious young woman. Patrick Stewart will reprise his role as Picard in this series.
- Marvel: Marvel had the biggest announcement this season with MCU Phase 4, MCU Phase 5 as well as Disney+ series. Some of its biggest features included Black Widow, Falcon and the Winter Soldier, Loki, What If, Thor: Love and Thunder, Blade, Wanda Vision and more. While these have release dates, Kevin Feige also confirmed that X-Men and Fantastic Four are also coming to the MCU.
- HBO: With Game of Thrones now over, HBO is releasing some new shows to retain the user base. Westworld returns with some of the old cast as well as new, the biggest being Aaron Paul (Breaking Bad). Another new show will be Watchmen which will be remix of Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons’s classic graphic novel Watchmen. Another great feature will be His Dark Materials which will be based on a fantasy book series by Philip Pullman.
- Netflix: Probably the biggest teaser from Netflix was the teaser for The Witcher. The show will be based on Andrzej Sapkowski’s original books, and not the well-known video game series. Another show announced was Dark Crystal Age of Resistance which will be a sequel to Jim Henson’s classic 1982 fantasy film The Dark Crystal.
- Amazon: The amazing alternate reality series, The Man in the High Castle, will return for its 4th and final season. While the show began on the Syfy channel, The Expanse was picked up by Amazon after its cancellation after 3 seasons. Amazon has also teased its upcoming Neo-Victorian fantasy series Carnival Row.