Microsoft Teams will now permit users to use more workplace apps directly in meetings
Microsoft is planning to introduce the ability to incorporate and integrate popular workplace apps like Asana into meetings on its Teams platform.
Teams meetings initially were limited to chats and channel communications, but now users can integrate 20 new apps into their meetings. For example, a user can discuss and modify a project built in Asana with others directly within a Teams meeting. The new apps for meetings will collaborate with the more than 700 apps already available in the Teams App Store.
Not only apps, but the company is also planning to make its Power Platform that provides low-code tools to build and deploy apps, chatbots, and workflows available right within Teams. The Power Apps app for Microsoft Teams is a maker studio with the help of which users can manage app data and connections, and build and modify app interfaces.
Power Automate app for Teams also has a workflow designer and templates to help users automate routine tasks and its Power Virtual Agents app for Teams lets users build, deploy, and manage low-code bots.
In addition, Microsoft is making its Dataverse for Teams, a low-code data platform, generally available for use in Teams to help admins control the data used to build apps and other processes in Teams.
Microsoft Teams now has 115 million daily active users, an uptick of more than 50 percent from just six months ago. Despite the fact Teams is directly a Slack competitor, it has added a slew of new video conferencing features to capitalize on the number of people working from home due to the pandemic to compete with Google Meet, Zoom, and others. Microsoft has even added a Together Mode. This will permit participants to sit virtually next to each other and make more third-party apps available for use during Teams meetings.
Customer benefits in the following manner
- Connect everywhere
- Microsoft Teams offer a single intelligent communications experience with various features like chat, calling, and meetings, and much more to choose from
- Enable more efficient and effective meetings
- It helps users with an intelligent backend that delivers adaptive and immersive meeting experiences
- It works efficiently by providing transparent access to information insights drawn from usage patterns
- Leverage a comprehensive ecosystem
- It is supported by best-in-class partners with solutions ranging from devices to third-party integration
- Innovation built on a foundation of quality
- Organizations can work with confidence on a platform designed to deliver security, compliance, and control.